Saturday, March 19, 2011

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

I'm talking a break from my on going writings about Cabo. I want to talk about something I have recently been trying to work on and add to my everyday life. One of my favorite quotes I keep posted up in my bedroom is "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?" When I travel I feel like I can do anything. I am untouchable. I can talk to a complete stranger and not worry if they are going to like me or not. I can try new foods and try new activities. I don't know if anyone else is this way but, for me when I am at home I am nervous and shy and worried if I talk to someone new at the bar or mall I might see them again and they might not like me and it will be awkward. Yeah I'm thinking all that. At home in your safe place, you get lazy and don't want to go outside you comfort zone. At home you get in the everyday grind and you go to work, eat, sleep, repeat. You forget that ,there is a whole world out there with different people and different food and way of life. I believe that why most people don't travel more is because of fear. Fear that they won't know how to act or where to go once there, or fear of the outcome.

Yes for some people they can live life not worrying about what someone will think if they laugh real loud or dance like a jack ass. Some people can go sky diving at the drop of a hat. They don't care about "failing." When I travel I am superwoman. I am calm and happy. I want to learn to translate this into my everyday life.
I recently went on a vacation alone. Yes. ALONE. Finally I did it. I knew that I would have to talk to people and step outside my comfort zone of being shy, to make friends and have a good time. I met the most amazing people. I had fun and was myself. I did all this as myself. I would never be this way at home.
I Love "Vacation Heather." She isn't Worried about how to act or whats acceptable. She doesn't worry about work or money.  I want to help others step outside of there comfort zones. If we can be our "Vacation" self everyday, just think how amazing life would be. So fun, so calm.  So I say from here on out "Vacation Heather" will be Heather 24/7. You should try it too. Go on what's that worst that could happen. Just like the quote said, let's live like we could not fail.

Yeah.... this is me. On Vacation. I look so stupid, But... I DON'T CARE. I am having fun. This is me.
So what? 

No comments:

Post a Comment