Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Forget Cancun, Bring on Cabo San Lucas!

My first time I went to Cabo San Lucas was in February 2010. Now this was not a intentional trip, I was supposed to end up in Seoul, S. Korea. But as a Flight Attendant and always being on Standby I had to be prepared for anything. The flight to Seoul was oversold so that was a no go. So we looked into what flights were open. It was Cabo san Lucas or Puerto Vallarta. We chose Cabo. After this one three day trip I was HOOKED! I have since been back 4 times and counting.

  Getting Around
When you arrive by air its just like any other vacation spot in Mexico. Going thru the gauntlet as I call it. You come out with your bags and have no clue where to go or what to do. you have twenty men yelling and calling to you and it can be very over whelming. But it doesn't have to be. you can set up a transportation service before hand if you used a vacation company such as Funjet or Apple vacations you can set up a shuttle service to your hotel. Or you can go to Best Day travel and reserve a shuttle to your hotel. These prices vary form $16-$19 one way.
When I go, I have used the EcoBaja tours bus. It is $16 and it drops off at many different hotels. Now this form of transportation to your hotel does take a bit longer but its cheaper then taking a taxi. Also the EcoBaja tours bus you can pick up right as you get into Cabo. No need to get prearranged service. You can also take a taxi. 

Once at your hotel depending on how far you are from the downtown area of Cabo San Lucas you will most likely have to take a taxi into town. There is also a public Bus that is around $2.00 per trip. I have never used the bus but I have heard its safe. But most tourist use the taxis.  The normal price to the downtown area is $12.00. Heather Tip* Most everywhere in Cabo expects US dollars.



1 comment:

  1. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Please share more like that...
    Cabo San Lucas yacht Rentals

    ReplyDelete